disable remember password for signing a mail whith S/MIME in Outlook

Ludovick LAGREVOL
Hi,

i need to desactivate the possibility for users to use remember password
possibility when using certificates for S/MIME in windows 2000 ans XP ?

This was possible when using KMS in exchange 2000, but KMS was discontinued
in exchange 2003

i've try the registry key ForceKeyProtection but it's the same behaviour.

is there a solution to force users to type their password for signing a mail
? any workaround ?

Is there alternate CSP for windows with hard drive storage which can firce
this behaviour ?

Thanks in advance

L Lagrevol

Ace Fekay [MVP]
In news:,
Ludovick LAGREVOL posted their
thoughts, then I offered mine
Hi,

i need to desactivate the possibility for users to use remember
password possibility when using certificates for S/MIME in windows
2000 ans XP ?

This was possible when using KMS in exchange 2000, but KMS was
discontinued in exchange 2003

i've try the registry key ForceKeyProtection but it's the same
behaviour.

is there a solution to force users to type their password for signing
a mail ? any workaround ?

Is there alternate CSP for windows with hard drive storage which can
firce this behaviour ?

Thanks in advance

L Lagrevol

This functionality is now based on Windows PKI in regards to Exchange 2003.
For forcing a user to enter a password before their Digital Signature is to
be attached to an email within Outlook (assuming this is what you're talking
about), you may need to look into a GPO policy to force this. Unfortunately
I can't remember where the option is at this time. You may want to also
check Outlook. If the option is in Outlook, the Outlook Reskit has ADM
templates to add to a GPO which will allow to set and enforce your users'
Outlook Options.

--
Regards,
Ace

Please direct all replies to the newsgroup so all can benefit.
This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties and confers no
rights.

HAM AND EGGS: A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a
pig. --
=================================
Ludovick LAGREVOL
i can't find this policy... help......

"Ace Fekay [MVP]"
<PleaseSubstituteMyActualFirstName& a écrit dans le
message de news:
In news:,
Ludovick LAGREVOL posted their
thoughts, then I offered mine
> Hi,
>
> i need to desactivate the possibility for users to use remember
> password possibility when using certificates for S/MIME in windows
> 2000 ans XP ?
>
> This was possible when using KMS in exchange 2000, but KMS was
> discontinued in exchange 2003
>
> i've try the registry key ForceKeyProtection but it's the same
> behaviour.
>
> is there a solution to force users to type their password for signing
> a mail ? any workaround ?
>
> Is there alternate CSP for windows with hard drive storage which can
> firce this behaviour ?
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> L Lagrevol

This functionality is now based on Windows PKI in regards to Exchange

2003.
For forcing a user to enter a password before their Digital Signature is

be attached to an email within Outlook (assuming this is what you're

talking
about), you may need to look into a GPO policy to force this.

Unfortunately
I can't remember where the option is at this time. You may want to also
check Outlook. If the option is in Outlook, the Outlook Reskit has ADM
templates to add to a GPO which will allow to set and enforce your users'
Outlook Options.

--
Regards,
Ace

Please direct all replies to the newsgroup so all can benefit.
This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties and confers no
rights.

HAM AND EGGS: A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a
pig. --

Ace Fekay [MVP]
"Ludovick LAGREVOL" wrote in message
i can't find this policy... help......

As I mentioned, you need to get the Office Resource Kit (it's a separate
purchase) to get that ADM template. Then go into your GPO, under user
configuration, rt-click Administrative Templates,m add new template, browse
to the .adm file in the reskit cdrom