Download a file then the next error message appear The connection with the server was reset

Liensun
The application is coded using ASP.net and C#.
A part of the application allows the user to download files. The size of
these field can be up to 80 MB.

It works when the connection bandwidth is high. But in other cases, after a
few minutes, the next messages is displayed: "The connection with
server was reset".

Here the code that I use:
private void SendPageToBrowser(string filename)

{
// All mime type supports
StringDictionary MimeTypeList = new StringDictionary();
MimeTypeList[".doc"] = "application/ms-word";
MimeTypeList[".zip"] = "application/zip";
MimeTypeList["*"] = "application/octet-stream";

FileInfo fi = new FileInfo(Server.MapPath(filename));
// Checks also that the file exists before cleaning the response
// in case, it doesn't exist, an exception is raised
string FileLength = fi.Length.ToString();
Response.BufferOutput=true;
Response.Clear();
Response.ClearHeaders();
Response.ClearContent();
Response.ContentType = MimeTypeList[fi.Extension];
if (Response.ContentType == null)
{
Response.ContentType = MimeTypeList["*"];
}
Response.AppendHeader("Content-Disposition","attachment;filename=" +
fi.Name);
Response.AppendHeader("Content-Length", FileLength);
if (fi.Length < LOWER_LIMIT)
{
Response.WriteFile(fi.FullName );
}
else
{
Byte[] Buffer = new Byte[CHUNKSIZE];
FileStream DLFile = fi.OpenRead();
while ((Response.IsClientConnected)
&& (DLFile.Read(Buffer,0,CHUNKSIZE) != 0)
)
{

Response.BinaryWrite(Buffer);
Response.Flush();
}
DLFile.Close();
}
Response.End();
}

What's wrong in my code or which settings of IIS I have to change?

Any helps will be greatly appreciated.

Olivier.

Ray at
"Liensun" wrote in message
The application is coded using ASP.net and C#.

http://www.aspfaq.com/5004
http://www.aspfaq.com/5002

Ray at work
Liensun
Exacte ecrit en asp. net et C# mais le probleme peut provenir d'un réglage
de IIS.
C'est pourquoi je l'ai posté sur les newsgroups qui me semblaient les plus
approprié sinon merci de m'indiquer lequelle serait le mieux.

"Ray at <%=sLocation%> [MVP]" <myfirstname at lane34 dot com> a écrit dans
le message de news: #

"Liensun" wrote in message
> The application is coded using ASP.net and C#.

http://www.aspfaq.com/5004
http://www.aspfaq.com/5002

Ray at work

Liensun
Ben c'est du ASP.net c'est pas le but de ce groupe ????

"Liensun" wrote in message
> The application is coded using ASP.net and C#.

http://www.aspfaq.com/5004
http://www.aspfaq.com/5002

Ray at work

Aaron Bertrand - MVP
No, this is a newsgroup for CLASSIC ASP.

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP

"Liensun" wrote in message
Ben c'est du ASP.net c'est pas le but de ce groupe ????

"Ray at <%=sLocation%> [MVP]" <myfirstname at lane34 dot com> a écrit dans
le message de news: #

> "Liensun" wrote in message
> > The application is coded using ASP.net and C#.
>
> http://www.aspfaq.com/5004
> http://www.aspfaq.com/5002
>
> Ray at work

Galadan
oui et non. Car tu as mis plusieurs newsgroup dans ton entête.