Excel (email) attachments not recognized by Excel

rfleshin
I regularly get Excel spreadsheets attached to email in Outlook. In
the past I could double click on the file and Excel would open and and
open the spreadsheet. Now Excel opens but it doesn't recognize the
file. I have to save the file to a directory and then open Excel to
open it in a separate action. Excel is listed to open up xls files. I
am using XP pro, Office 2000 which includes Outlook and Excel. Rick

Antonio
It is possible that your software antivirus prevents its
opening by Excel. Try opening the attacehd file with your
antivirus software turned off.

Antonio.

.