French for "Logged In"

Jeffrey Ellis
Hi--

Can someone tell me the French Translation for "Logged In"? I was also
hoping to find out how to translate the following phrases:

Download Throttle
Upload Throttle

Thank you!

All My Best,
Jeffrey

1 2
Jeffrey Ellis
in article 1g7ae6u.lc7ezs1cbg4N%, J.J.SOLARI at
wrote on 09.01.04 00:29:

Jeffrey Ellis wrote:

There is actually a difference between Connected and Logged in. When you
first want to do something on a server, you must of course Connect. Only
once you have successfully connected does the server ask for your login
information, and decide whether to let you in or not. Since our program
reports both states, we can't use Connected, as we have already reported
that. We need to report that your login has also been accepted and you are
now free to use the server.

Jeffrey,

AFNOR [1], which is a French normalization organisation, gives
"Connecté" as a translation for "log in". The problem lies in that
"connecté" has both meanings, that is, the (remote) connection is
established, and, having cleared some security measure, the user is
allowed to interact with the system within a particular account.

If you really need to emphasize on this (real) distinction, you might
consider something like that:

"Session : ouverte (or active)" [Session: open (or active)]

hih,

JJS.

[1] Dictionnaire français/anglais de l'informatique, France H. Lagarde
ed. AFNOR, isbn: 2-12-486931-0

That sounds like a suitable alternative... Thank you :)

All My Best,
Jeffrey

Jeffrey Ellis
in article , Bruno Lixi at
wrote on 09.01.04 09:39:

In article <1g7au3g.195fnnb1gdsszkN%,
(Benoist Felsenheld) wrote:

Schmurtz wrote:

Vitesse de récéption, Vitesse d'émission
Vitesse de réception.

:)

obviously my settings to post were not adequate to respect the accentued
letters, I try again

Vitesse de réception (only one acute accent on the first e)
Vitesse d'émission

hope it works now

Hi, Bruno & Benoist--

Thank you :)

All My Best,
Jeffrey

h.sainct
J.J.SOLARI wrote:

What about

1) server was contacted <-> "serveur contacté"

2) then password was accepted <-> "mot de passe accepté"

?

--
Frédérique & Hervé Sainct,
Frédérique's initial is missing in front of the above address
Schmurtz
They were leftovers from our "official" French translation. He had also
suggested "Connecté", and didn't seem to have any alternative, so I thought
I would ask here.

OK.

Another possibility :
Connected -> Connecté
Logged -> Authentifié (for a login wityh password)

--
Schmurtz

h.sainct
José Campos <jose.campos+ wrote:

or
1) connected <-> "connexion (au serveur) établie"
2) logged in <-> "authentification réussie"

true. I myself tind that one better. Now they'll say the french guys use
words twice longer ;-)
Herve

--
Frédérique & Hervé Sainct,
Frédérique's initial is missing in front of the above address
l'initiale de Frédérique manque devant l'adresse email ci-dessus

GC
[...]
that. We need to report that your login has also been accepted and you are
now free to use the server.

Is there a term for that?

Utilisateur authentifié ?

1 2