ftp IIS mistake

Fabio Pardi
hi everyone...
here is my problem:
i've 2 machines:
a server running windows 2003 server, acting as domain controller (domain
name: nlbtest.it)
a server running windows 2003 with an IIS's ftp server installed. This
second server is in the domain nlbtest.it and configured using active
directory's users, configured in "isolate users using active directory"
mode.

The problem is as follow:
when i try to logon to ftp site, i receive the following output:
bit@paranoia:~$ ftp 192.168.111.3
Connected to 192.168.111.3.
220-Microsoft FTP Service
220 ftp sito 2
Name (192.168.111.3:bit): ftp3@nlbtest.it <---i've tried with users
ftp3 and nlbtest\ftp3...
331 Password required for ftp3@nlbtest.it.
Password:
530 User ftp3@nlbtest.it cannot log in, home directory inaccessible.
ftp: Login failed.
ftp>

googling around, i rod this is a permission problem....
the home directory of ftp3 user is d: and has all permissions for every
user (administrator, domain users, ftp3, everyone, my dog too!)
i really don't know which is the real problem, please help me i'm really
desperade.
tnx everyone for your attention,
fabio

jbongran
Fabio Pardi wrote:
hi everyone...
here is my problem:
i've 2 machines:
a server running windows 2003 server, acting as domain controller
(domain name: nlbtest.it)
a server running windows 2003 with an IIS's ftp server installed. This
second server is in the domain nlbtest.it and configured using active
directory's users, configured in "isolate users using active
directory" mode.

The problem is as follow:
when i try to logon to ftp site, i receive the following output:
:~$ ftp 192.168.111.3
Connected to 192.168.111.3.
220-Microsoft FTP Service
220 ftp sito 2
Name (192.168.111.3:bit): <---i've tried with users
ftp3 and nlbtestftp3...
331 Password required for
Password:
530 User cannot log in, home directory inaccessible.
ftp: Login failed.
ftp>

googling around, i rod this is a permission problem....
the home directory of ftp3 user is d: and has all permissions for
every user (administrator, domain users, ftp3, everyone, my dog too!)
i really don't know which is the real problem, please help me i'm
really desperade.
tnx everyone for your attention,
fabio

A good start is the Chris Crow's blog (an IIS MVP too ;-)
http://blog.crowe.co.nz/archive/2006/09/14/677.aspx
Ps: this is a french newsgroup.
Fabio Pardi
On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 00:16:18 +0200, jbongran wrote:

Fabio Pardi wrote:
[...]

tnx for your time...

A good start is the Chris Crow's blog (an IIS MVP too ;-)
http://blog.crowe.co.nz/archive/2006/09/14/677.aspx

yes i yet know this blog..no help for my problem

Ps: this is a french newsgroup.

yes i know too... but i'm toooooooooo muchhhhhhhhhhh desperade... ;(

jbongran

Fabio Pardi wrote:
[...]

Did you used this tool from Chris with no success ?
http://blog.crowe.co.nz/archive/2006/03/09/594.aspx
What are the ms-IIS-FTP-Root and ms-IIS-FTP-Dir properties ?

What is the DefaultLogonDomain metabase property
"If the computer is not a domain controller, the default domain will be the
computer name"
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/8323c713-9d0d-4ea9-9069-5e2962bc2f77.mspx?mfr=true

username and password to be used to gain access to the specified active
directory domain are Ok ?