GZIP Problem

Le
FE
I am running an Exchange 2003 server. I activated form authentication and
set compression to maximum

When connecting OWA it works and then the screen goes weird. Buttons are not
displayed correctly, OWA is unusable.

A netmon trace shows that the client (IE) do not request any images so it
means the files are in the IE cache. If I delete the files, and connect
I get the same thing but see that the files are transfered but
corrupted.

If I delete of the files and remove compression on the Exchange side, if
works fine and I never get the problem. So compression is my problem.

I found a fix about GZIP on Microsoft web site but it did not fix the
problem.

I have very big wan constraints and compression is very important for me.

I just wonder if someone experienced the same problem (or if there is
another fix) and can advise me .

Thanks guys.

FE
Vos réponses
Gagnez chaque mois un abonnement Premium avec GNT : Inscrivez-vous !
Trier par : date / pertinence
Marina Roos [SBS-MVP]
Le #528591
You will also need to delete the IIS server files in %windows%IIS Temporary
Compressed Files.
Then open up a command prompt and type "iisreset".

At the client you will need to clear the cache in Tools, Internet Options,
Delete Files.

In Exchange System Manager, Server, servername, Protocols, HTTP, right click
Exchange Virtual Server, Properties, Settings, uncheck the 'Enable Forms
Based Authentication". Click OK.
Open up commandprompt and type "iisreset".
--
Regards,

Marina
Microsoft SBS-MVP

"FE" news:
I am running an Exchange 2003 server. I activated form authentication and
set compression to maximum...

When connecting OWA it works and then the screen goes weird. Buttons are
not

displayed correctly, ... OWA is unusable.

A netmon trace shows that the client (IE) do not request any images... so
it

means the files are in the IE cache. If I delete the files, and connect
...

I get the same thing but see that the files are transfered ... but
corrupted.

If I delete of the files and remove compression on the Exchange side, if
works fine and I never get the problem. So compression is my problem.

I found a fix about GZIP on Microsoft web site but it did not fix the
problem.

I have very big wan constraints and compression is very important for me.

I just wonder if someone experienced the same problem (or if there is
another fix) and can advise me .

Thanks guys.

FE




FE
Le #528590
Marina,

Thanks for your quick answer ... you are great.

I will test this tomorrow morning.

Thanks again.

FE
"Marina Roos [SBS-MVP]" news:Fhr2c.5843$
You will also need to delete the IIS server files in %windows%IIS
Temporary

Compressed Files.
Then open up a command prompt and type "iisreset".

At the client you will need to clear the cache in Tools, Internet Options,
Delete Files.

In Exchange System Manager, Server, servername, Protocols, HTTP, right
click

Exchange Virtual Server, Properties, Settings, uncheck the 'Enable Forms
Based Authentication". Click OK.
Open up commandprompt and type "iisreset".
--
Regards,

Marina
Microsoft SBS-MVP

"FE" news:
I am running an Exchange 2003 server. I activated form authentication
and


set compression to maximum...

When connecting OWA it works and then the screen goes weird. Buttons are
not

displayed correctly, ... OWA is unusable.

A netmon trace shows that the client (IE) do not request any images...
so


it
means the files are in the IE cache. If I delete the files, and connect
...

I get the same thing but see that the files are transfered ... but
corrupted.

If I delete of the files and remove compression on the Exchange side,
if


works fine and I never get the problem. So compression is my problem.

I found a fix about GZIP on Microsoft web site but it did not fix the
problem.

I have very big wan constraints and compression is very important for
me.



I just wonder if someone experienced the same problem (or if there is
another fix) and can advise me .

Thanks guys.

FE








Publicité
Poster une réponse
Anonyme