Keyboard has bone besrk

Roger Stenson
Hi
I am running Vista Ultimate which is fixed up to the hilt
Suddenly my keyboard has gone beserk. When I press Shift or Caps Lock it
goes into lower case and when I reverse these actions it settles in
permanent upper case. It won't type numbers and supplies the shift symbol
instead. When I select a folder in Windows Explorer it it ticks and selects
every file in the right hand screen
I have a new message when it starts up 'Do you want to turn the keyboard
flter on. I answer no to that
I have restored the last know good and the last restore point. Nothing makes
any difference
The computer is unusable

Roger Stenson.

Phil
Salut roger
Tu es sur le mauvais forum ; essaye sur un forum anglophone
Bonne chance
Phil
"Roger Stenson" a écrit dans le message de
Hi
I am running Vista Ultimate which is fixed up to the hilt
Suddenly my keyboard has gone beserk. When I press Shift or Caps Lock it
goes into lower case and when I reverse these actions it settles in
permanent upper case. It won't type numbers and supplies the shift symbol
instead. When I select a folder in Windows Explorer it it ticks and
selects every file in the right hand screen
I have a new message when it starts up 'Do you want to turn the keyboard
flter on. I answer no to that
I have restored the last know good and the last restore point. Nothing
makes any difference
The computer is unusable

Roger Stenson.

paintboy
I'm sure that you already have figured this one out but perhaps others
with the same issue will find this helpful. I had the same problem and
found this as a solution. This is just a cut/paste (see below) from
another location. All I did was press shift/capslock at the same time
and it turned off this feature. I did it a couple of times (with me it's
like pressing an elevator button - if you press it more often the
elevator will come faster). I hope this helps.

Try this.....

Go to Control Panel then Accesibility Options. If Sticky Keys is
ticked, untick it.

If it isn't ticked then the Shift key is stuck on.

If Sticky keys is on then a single press of the Shift key will lock it
into Shift until you press it again.

If you have Caps Lock on and press Shift you type lower case. If you
press Shift and Enter you do a line feed. Exactly what your brother is
getting. So either Sticky keys is on or the Shift key is stuck.

--
paintboy