Le meilleur mobile pour la basse utilisation ?

June
Bonjour,

Veuillez excuser mon français faible - je suis anglais.

Mon papa habite en France et paye actuellement un mobile de contrat sans
minutes incluses. Il utilise seulement le téléphone aux occasions rares et
un tarif idéal serait un qui facture seulement les minutes utilisées.

Car nous habitons en Angleterre il serait bon s'il pourrait être bon marché
d'appeler son mobile de là, mais ceci demande probablement trop ! Y a il
tous les réseaux français qui 'allow' ; l'utilisation des porteurs
indirects - de faire des appels meilleur marché en Angleterre ?

Merci pour votre aide,

June

1 2
PhilHips
June wrote:
Bonjour,

Veuillez excuser mon français faible - je suis anglais.

Mon papa habite en France et paye actuellement un mobile de contrat sans
minutes incluses. Il utilise seulement le téléphone aux occasions rares et
un tarif idéal serait un qui facture seulement les minutes utilisées.

Car nous habitons en Angleterre il serait bon s'il pourrait être bon marché
d'appeler son mobile de là, mais ceci demande probablement trop ! Y a il
tous les réseaux français qui 'allow' ; l'utilisation des porteurs
indirects - de faire des appels meilleur marché en Angleterre ?

Sorry, I do not really understand the last paragraph. Are you looking
for callback operators? I have no idea of which are the best for use
from France to UK, sorry.

The cheapest prepaid offer for low usage in France is currently the
(very) new MVNO BreizhTelecom (a subsidiary of CarPhoneWarehouse,
operating on Orange network). 10€ every second month minimum refill
charge to be able to call, 10€ every 8th month to receive only.

Btw, you can buy SIM and refills by the web.
http://www.breizhtelecom.fr/

June
Sorry, I do not really understand the last paragraph. Are you looking
for callback operators? I have no idea of which are the best for use
from France to UK, sorry.

The cheapest prepaid offer for low usage in France is currently the
(very) new MVNO BreizhTelecom (a subsidiary of CarPhoneWarehouse,
operating on Orange network). 10€ every second month minimum refill
charge to be able to call, 10€ every 8th month to receive only.

Btw, you can buy SIM and refills by the web.
http://www.breizhtelecom.fr/

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I'm looking for companies like OneTel etc that you can use in the UK on
Orange - accessed via a free 0800 number, which give cheaper rates when
calling abroad. (There are other services that can use 'Inclusive' UK
minutes to call abroad too on all UK mobiles networks).

Are there such services that can be used on mobiles in France?

June

Jil S
June avait écrit le 13/07/2004 :

Hi,

Hello June,

I'm looking for companies like OneTel etc that you can use in the UK on
Orange - accessed via a free 0800 number, which give cheaper rates when
calling abroad. (There are other services that can use 'Inclusive' UK
minutes to call abroad too on all UK mobiles networks).

Can you please indicate the price of the minute in this condition, for
example UK => France ?

Are there such services that can be used on mobiles in France?

I'm afraid not exactly. In France, on the contrary, nearly all the 08
numbers are over-taxed calling from a French mobile.

But...the "famous but" : It could be useful (just compare rates
before) to buy a special telecom card and use the 01 numbers of service
calling with the French mobile to UK. In this case, you pay the
local/national part of the call on the mobile credit, and the
international part of the call ( French to UK) on the credit of the
special card.

to my mind the cheaper is here, in English (or French)
http://www.covadisonline.com/actvel/en/index.html

This company seats in Switzerland, very serious (the internet site is
not beautiful, but serious, I use it for 8 months about, without
problems)

ACCES LOCAL

calling by 0172281252 :
1684 Minutes for 20 euros, => 0.012 euros/minute

so, one call of 1 minute from a french mobile costs : 0.012 euros (on
the credit of 20 euros card) + standard price of the Frenche mobile

For the french Mobile, I recommend a prepaid Bouygues Nomad that your
father refill on the flash mode ( 50% lower price of minute)

http://www.futurclient.bouyguestelecom.fr/formules/carte_basic.asp

select Flash sms

for exemple for 1 month and a half, you can reload with 35 euros card,
it gives 3 hours of communication ( and less if he declares his number
covadis 0172281252 as favorite number , - 30% cheaper)
With a 75 euros card flash reloaded , it gives during 3 months 7 hours
10 => 0.17 euros/1 minute

Good luck.

Ask more questions if you need, in French or English (your French is
very good, congratulation)

Gilles/ Jil

June
"Jil S" wrote in message
June avait écrit le 13/07/2004 :

Hi,

Hello June,

I'm looking for companies like OneTel etc that you can use in the UK on
Orange - accessed via a free 0800 number, which give cheaper rates when
calling abroad. (There are other services that can use 'Inclusive' UK
minutes to call abroad too on all UK mobiles networks).

Can you please indicate the price of the minute in this condition, for
example UK => France ?

Onetel charge 4p/min using a free (on UK Orange network) 0800 number -

http://www.onetel.co.uk/index.php/callrates/view,international/show,F.

Others, such as Call18866 - (http://www.call18866.co.uk/index2.php) charge
just 1p/min - using a number that can be called from the inclusive minutes.
(http://www.call18866.co.uk/faq.php#24)

[...]

PhilHips
June wrote:

I'm looking for companies like OneTel etc that you can use in the UK on
Orange - accessed via a free 0800 number, which give cheaper rates when
calling abroad. (There are other services that can use 'Inclusive' UK
minutes to call abroad too on all UK mobiles networks).

Are there such services that can be used on mobiles in France?

0800 number are not only charged on French mobiles, they are often
overcharged.
So forget it. Call back services or paid access numbers may be useful in
some cases.

One of them is "LesMinutes" from www.budgettelecom.fr

Jil S
June a utilisé son clavier pour écrire :
"Jil S" wrote in message
[...]

Ok, in France as we tell you, you must'nt use specail numbers which are
overcharged, but you can find what you call numbers using inclusive
minutes, exactly what I described to you, with virtual prepaid cards
as Covadis - offering 0.012 euros/minute - it's about the same rate
than you - 1p/min.

For Call Back system as say PhiHips, I'm sorry I never used that, and
this system of inclusive numbers is very efficient. The only
disavantage is to pay a prepaid virtual card before (validity 6 months
I think)

Gilles/ Jil

Jil S

Hello PhilHips

0800 number are not only charged on French mobiles, they are often
overcharged.

Always

So forget it. Call back services or paid access numbers may be useful in some
cases.

One of them is "LesMinutes" from www.budgettelecom.fr

Have you ever used Call Back Services? I thought it is not possible on
a French mobile....Can you explain please, and indicate the rates for
England?

Jil

Jil S
Bonjour,

Veuillez excuser mon français faible - je suis anglais.

Mon papa habite en France et paye actuellement un mobile de contrat sans
minutes incluses. Il utilise seulement le téléphone aux occasions rares et
un tarif idéal serait un qui facture seulement les minutes utilisées.

Car nous habitons en Angleterre il serait bon s'il pourrait être bon marché
d'appeler son mobile de là, mais ceci demande probablement trop ! Y a il
tous les réseaux français qui 'allow' ; l'utilisation des porteurs
indirects - de faire des appels meilleur marché en Angleterre ?

Merci pour votre aide,

June

I read again your post and the title, and I wonder what you want
exactly.

1/The title means you want a prepaid French Mobile for your father
living in France
2/ you want for him a cheap French mobile for low utilisation
3/ You live in England,and you want to call him with low rates (but you
know good sotions for that)
4/ Or you ask for identical services in France, for him, to call you in
England from France ? In this case, why do you look for a low use
French Mobile?

5/ Perhaps the good answer is : You want both ? You want to call him
from times to times on his French low use Mobile, and you want that
he'll be able to call you with a similar system ?

Can you confirm or formulate again your question , please?

Gilles / Jil

June
"Jil S" wrote in message
I read again your post and the title, and I wonder what you want
exactly.

1/The title means you want a prepaid French Mobile for your father
living in France
2/ you want for him a cheap French mobile for low utilisation
3/ You live in England,and you want to call him with low rates (but you
know good sotions for that)
4/ Or you ask for identical services in France, for him, to call you in
England from France ? In this case, why do you look for a low use
French Mobile?

5/ Perhaps the good answer is : You want both ? You want to call him
from times to times on his French low use Mobile, and you want that
he'll be able to call you with a similar system ?

Can you confirm or formulate again your question , please?

Hi,

Thanks for all the advice.

You are correct in that I would like different solutions for all these.

The best low-cost option for a French mobile may be the Carte Nomad as
BreizhTelecom appears to only operate in the North of France? He uses his
mobile so little that a contract phone is likely to cost too much, and 'pay
as you go' options would be more attractive.

http://www.covadisonline.com seems to be a good option to phone
Internationally from both mobiles and landlines.

His French mobile is with Orange - would he need to get this un-locked to
use it with these other companies?

Thanks again,

June

Jil S
June a présenté l'énoncé suivant :
"Jil S" wrote in message
[...]

No, I analyzed Breizh Telecom (very new, one week age, but guarantied
by Orange and The Phone House - guaranties ok top!), and Breizh Télécom
is ok all over French metropolitan territory, no pb. It looks to be an
extremly good product for a small or medium use - when you do have a
desimlocked mobile (your father).

The limits are: I'm not sure he can call directly in UK in case of
emergency, but using an international card (01 numbers included) as
covadis no pb!

He uses his
mobile so little that a contract phone is likely to cost too much, and 'pay
as you go' options would be more attractive.

Of course.

So Breizh looks the best choice - Bouygues Flash would have be better
choice in case of large use on a small period ( 2 weeks, 1 month, 3
months), and after checking the good quality of Bouygues coverring, in
order not be desapointed.

For Breizh, it uses the Orange net, so if your father is happy with
Orange, he'll have no pb with Breizh - It works with Orange net as a
virtual Operator exactly as Virgin Mobile or other MVNOs.

http://www.covadisonline.com seems to be a good option to phone
Internationally from both mobiles and landlines.

Yes. Remember, only by internet: Your membre's code is the e-mail
adresse you declare, and you 'll receive confirmation of your
inscription by mail. And you receive just a code pin by mail
corresponding to a credit associated to your member's code. - but not
very fast, it can need some hours, or more, This Swiss company operates
many controls on your payment, and can ask for confirmation by giving
back the reference of the payment on your bank account . Don't be
afraid, I got 2 inscriptions for my girl-friend and me without
problems, and one case of verification/blocked for her sister, without
appearing reason / I did myself the 3 inscriptions. Just survey
seriously the e-mail adress of inscription until you receive your pin
code. (pin code/ nip code ??? I'm sorry for my English)

If you are happy with this system, and if some other members of your
family want to become members, it is very efficient to make a
[parrainage] from the first for the second etc...both take interesting
advantages ( 5%, 10% rates, automatic at every reload) it can become
incredibly interesting, verify on the web site.

( I'm sorry, I don't know the right word for [parrainage] in English,
it mean's when you , member, you introduce a new member, by a simple
notification )

The only desavantadge of this method is to tap the number of the
service + the pin code + UK number; People who don't like to phone hate
that complicated way :D

His French mobile is with Orange - would he need to get this un-locked to
use it with these other companies?

yes. It's free after 6 months of age, on line with Orange or better in
an Orange shop (free of communication), or costs about 15-16 euros in
small shops (independants, Pakistanese etc...)

Thanks again,

All the pleasure is mine

June

Gilles/ Jil