need help for monitor config

Armando Vezza
OK, I'm pretty new to Linux but I have more or less successfully set up a
dual boot machine XP/MDK9.2 at school with internet+lan working and I will
eventually be cloning this to 15 other machines, so I want to get it right!
The only problem I have is this:
When I am in XP, the monitor displays a good vertical and horizontal
frequency but when I am in MDK the frequencies are too low and painful to
the eyes (mine anyway). I can't figure out how to change them. The machine
is a cheap DELL Dimension 2400 and the graphic chip is Intel 845 Extreme
Graphics onboard. I tried to use "xvidtune" but the chip doesn't support it.
I had a look in XF86Config-4 but don't know what to do. I have been looking
for the solution for a while, can someone help?

Thanks for any advice

Alain Labarthe
Le 14-05-2004, Armando Vezza écrivait:
OK, I'm pretty new to Linux but I have more or less successfully set up a
dual boot machine XP/MDK9.2 at school with internet+lan working and I will
eventually be cloning this to 15 other machines, so I want to get it right!
The only problem I have is this:
When I am in XP, the monitor displays a good vertical and horizontal
frequency but when I am in MDK the frequencies are too low and painful to
the eyes (mine anyway). I can't figure out how to change them. The machine
is a cheap DELL Dimension 2400 and the graphic chip is Intel 845 Extreme
Graphics onboard. I tried to use "xvidtune" but the chip doesn't support it.
I had a look in XF86Config-4 but don't know what to do. I have been looking
for the solution for a while, can someone help?

Hi,

First of all, this is a french forum so feel free to post en
french.

For your problem have a look here:
http://koala.ilog.fr/cgi-bin/nph-colas-modelines

Thanks for any advice