Need help : Open a csv file with semicolon separation

ydhennin
Hello everybody,

I need to open a csv file with semicolon separation but the separation
used is always the comma.

I tried this differents methods :

- Workbooks.OpenText Filename:="D:\Excel\data\file.csv",
Semicolon:=True, Comma:=False

- Workbooks.open Filename:="D:\Excel\data\file.csv", Format:=4

- Workbooks.open Filename:="D:\Excel\data\file.csv", Delimiter:=";"

- Workbooks.open Filename:="D:\Excel\data\file.csv", Delimiter:=";" ,
Format:=4

If I rename the file as a text file, it works !!!

If anyone has an idea, i want to properly develop and (if possible)
don't want to change the file type

Xavier
hello

the trick i've found is to convert the data after importation

Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"D:Exceldatafile.csv"

Columns("A:A").Select
Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=Range("A1"), DataType:=xlDelimited,
_
TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:úlse,
Tab:úlse, _
Semicolon:=True, Comma:úlse, Space:úlse, Other:úlse

"Yann59" a écrit dans le message de
Hello everybody,

I need to open a csv file with semicolon separation but the separation
used is always the comma.

I tried this differents methods :

- Workbooks.OpenText Filename:="D:Exceldatafile.csv",
Semicolon:=True, Comma:úlse

- Workbooks.open Filename:="D:Exceldatafile.csv", Format:=4

- Workbooks.open Filename:="D:Exceldatafile.csv", Delimiter:=";"

- Workbooks.open Filename:="D:Exceldatafile.csv", Delimiter:=";" ,
Format:=4

If I rename the file as a text file, it works !!!

If anyone has an idea, i want to properly develop and (if possible)
don't want to change the file type

Tom Ogilvy
Chip Pearson has written code to allow you to open a CSV file and specify
the delimiter:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm import/export text files

--
Regards,