ODBC Sybase ASE (2.5) Driver Setup

Le
Michael Kulpok
Hello !

Just a little question concerning the configuration of
data sources. When I modify the 'Database name' in
the 'System DSN' (Control Panel --> ODBC Data Source
Administrator), it doesn't work. I also have to open the
date source with Access and change it there. If I don't
do that, the old 'Database Name' remains active (even if
the new 'Database Name' is visible in the field).

Thanks in advance.

Michael
Daniel Carollo
Le #4376211
Hello Michael!

I have never noticed the behaviour you describe with SQL Server ODBC
drivers, the closest to the Sybase ones to my knowledge.
You'd probably get an answer to that question in a Sybase newsgoup, for
example in news://comp.databases.sybase
Here,we mostly speak in French...

Good luck!

--
Daniel :-)

Computing Technologies International - www.computing-tech.com - We
provide solutions...

"Michael Kulpok" news:11b801c38bea$fc58ec00$
Hello !

Just a little question concerning the configuration of
data sources. When I modify the 'Database name' in
the 'System DSN' (Control Panel --> ODBC Data Source
Administrator), it doesn't work. I also have to open the
date source with Access and change it there. If I don't
do that, the old 'Database Name' remains active (even if
the new 'Database Name' is visible in the field).

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Michael Kulpok
Le #4376171
Merci pour votre aide !

Michael

I have never noticed the behaviour you describe with SQL
Server ODBC

drivers, the closest to the Sybase ones to my knowledge.
You'd probably get an answer to that question in a Sybase
newsgoup, for

example in news://comp.databases.sybase
Here,we mostly speak in French...

Good luck!