Pour info : RELEASED Python 2.5 (beta 1)

jean-michel bain-cornu
Bonjour,
Vu dans le news anglophone :

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: RELEASED Python 2.5 (beta 1)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 01:45:18 +1000
De: Anthony Baxter <anthony@python.org>
Pour: python-list@python.org, python-announce@python.org,
python-dev@python.org
Forums de discussion: comp.lang.python

On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm
happy to announce the first BETA release of Python 2.5.

This is an *beta* release of Python 2.5. As such, it is not suitable
for a production environment. It is being released to solicit
feedback and hopefully discover bugs, as well as allowing you to
determine how changes in 2.5 might impact you. If you find things
broken or incorrect, please log a bug on Sourceforge.

I'd like to really encourage you to try out this version and check
that your code still works - if not, and you think it's a bug, please
log a bug. Hopefully this will make it easier for you to upgrade once
the final release of Python 2.5 is done.

Please note that changes to improve Python's support for 64 bit
systems might require authors of C extensions to change their code.
See the website for more, including a link to a posting discussing
this issue in particular.

More information on the release (as well as source distributions and
Windows and Mac OSX installers) are available from the 2.5 website:

http://www.python.org/2.5/

Since the alpha releases, a slew of bug fixes and smaller new
features have been added. See the release notes (available from the
2.5 webpage) for more. The first beta also includes the results of the
Iceland NeedForSpeed sprint, resulting in some significant speedups.

As of this release, Python 2.5 is now in *feature freeze*. No new
features are planned - only bugfixes for the code already in the
codebase.

The plan from here is for one more beta release followed by one or
more release candidates as needed, leading to a 2.5 final release
early August. PEP 356 includes the schedule and will be updated as
the schedule evolves.

The new features in Python 2.5 are described in Andrew Kuchling's
What's New In Python 2.5. It's available from the 2.5 web page.

Amongst the language features added include conditional expressions,
the with statement, the merge of try/except and try/finally into
try/except/finally, enhancements to generators to produce a coroutine
kind of functionality, and a brand new AST-based compiler
implementation.

New modules added include hashlib, ElementTree, sqlite3, wsgiref and
ctypes. We also have a new profiling module "cProfile".

Enjoy this new release (another step on the path to Python 2.5 final)
Anthony

--
Anthony Baxter
anthony@python.org

Encolpe Degoute
Bonjour,
Vu dans le news anglophone :

Il s'est un peu planté le gars...
La première béta est arrivé en mai... et la version finale
est disponible depuis avant-hier:
http://plone.org/products/plone

D'ailleurs en passant il est fortement conseillé de passer en Zope 2.9
pour Plone 2.5 car le support de Zope 2.8 n'est pas assuré.

Cordialement,
--
Encolpe DEGOUTE
http://encolpe.degoute.free.fr/

luc
Encolpe Degoute wrote:

Il s'est un peu planté le gars...

"On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm
happy to announce the first BETA release of Python 2.5."
^^^^^^^^^^

Mal réveillé ? :)

--
Luc Heinrich

Encolpe Degoute
Encolpe Degoute wrote:

Il s'est un peu planté le gars...

"On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm
happy to announce the first BETA release of Python 2.5."
^^^^^^^^^^

Mal réveillé ? :)

Non, je persiste: Plone 2.5 est en release finale, pas en beta.
Et d'ailleurs je pense avoir raison puisque je fais parti de l'équipe qui a géré
le développement de Plone 2.5.

Cordialement,
--
Encolpe DEGOUTE
http://encolpe.degoute.free.fr/
Logiciels libres, hockey sur glace et autres activités cérébrales

Jerome
Encolpe Degoute wrote:

Encolpe Degoute wrote:

Il s'est un peu planté le gars...

"On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm
happy to announce the first BETA release of Python 2.5."
^^^^^^^^^^

Mal réveillé ? :)

Non, je persiste: Plone 2.5 est en release finale, pas en beta.
Et d'ailleurs je pense avoir raison puisque je fais parti de l'équipe qui a géré
le développement de Plone 2.5.

Cordialement,

Oui mais là on parle bien de python, pas de plone...

Encolpe Degoute
Encolpe Degoute wrote:

Encolpe Degoute wrote:

Il s'est un peu planté le gars...

"On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm
happy to announce the first BETA release of Python 2.5."

Mal réveillé ? :)

Non, je persiste: Plone 2.5 est en release finale, pas en beta.
Et d'ailleurs je pense avoir raison puisque je fais parti de l'équipe
qui a géré
le développement de Plone 2.5.

Oui mais là on parle bien de python, pas de plone...

Arf.
/me va au piquet avec son bonnet d'âne... et un oreiller