Problem

Le
Henry
Hi,

The reminders of the callendar and tasks won't appear in Outlook. A message
appears in the systemtray that the reminder service couldn't start. Running
the switch /CleanReminder or /resetfolder doesn't help. Also making a new
profile has no effect. A Does anybody know a solution?

Henry
Roady [MVP]
Le #833765
Are you running Exchange?

Also check your Calendar Free/Busy options in Tools-> Options-> tab
Preferences-> button Calendar Options-> button Free/Busy Options... Make
sure all is unchecked.

--
Roady [MVP]
www.sparnaaij.net

Tips of the month:
-Create your own fully customized Toolbar
-Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003
Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your
mailbox!
www.sparnaaij.net

(I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the
address when mailing)
"Henry" news:RCW1c.737707$
Hi,

The reminders of the callendar and tasks won't appear in Outlook. A
message
appears in the systemtray that the reminder service couldn't start.
Running
the switch /CleanReminder or /resetfolder doesn't help. Also making a new
profile has no effect. A Does anybody know a solution?

Henry

Henry
Le #833108
I am not running Exchange (as far as I know: I didn't install it. I only
installed MS Outlook).

Further is everything unchecked.

"Roady [MVP]" in bericht news:
[...]

Le #833107
What version of Outlook are you using? Is the pst-file you are storing the
items set as Outlook Today? (Default delivery location in your accounts
configuration)

Also try a repair on Office and then run outlook with the /cleanreminders
switch again

--
Roady [MVP]
www.sparnaaij.net

Tips of the month:
-Create your own fully customized Toolbar
-Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003
Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your
mailbox!
www.sparnaaij.net

(I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the
address when mailing)
"Henry" news:BgY1c.738079$
[...]

Johan
Le #833103
I am using OL 2003. It is indeed set as Outlook Today. The Office repair
doesn't help. I have even formatted my harddisk and installed Office again.
But it remains the same. A message appears in the systemtray that the
reminderservice can't be started.

"Roady [MVP]" in bericht news:%
[...]

"Roady [MVP]" schreef

[...]

Le #833102
[...]

Le #833101
[...]

Le #832878
I suggest you start wih a clean pst-file then and then copy your items to
the new pst-file. You've already rules out everything else by the repair,
recreation of the profile and the (drasctic) format of your PC.

Initially don't copy your Calendar to the new pst-file. First configure your
new pst-file as the default delivery location (Tools-> E-mail Accounts->
button Next) and create some test appointments. If this works you can copy
your Calendar items. If it doesn't work anymore afterwards you can spent
your weekend looking for the corrupt reminder ;-)

Regards,
--
Roady [MVP]
www.sparnaaij.net

Tips of the month:
-Create your own fully customized Toolbar
-Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003
Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your
mailbox!
www.sparnaaij.net

(I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the
address when mailing)
"Henry" news:ICZ1c.738301$
[...]

Le #832442
Thank you for your effort. I have already tried you suggestion of the new
pst file a while ago. It didn't have any effect: the reminders won't even
appear if no appointments are copied, but only a new one has been created.
It seems to me (as the message in the systemtray says) that something is
wrong with the reminderservice: for some reason it won't start. But why?????

Regards,

henry

"Roady [MVP]" in bericht news:%