Remote Shutdown problems

Bertrand
I try to install a centralized remote shutdown procedure for all the PCs of
our LAN.
Using the shutdown.exe soft in the Win2K server resource tools CD, it's eazy
to create a batch that do what I want and that I program to run each day at
a certain time.

THE PROBLEM IS :
when I shutdown a PC locally (I do it directly on the PC), the shutdown also
power off the PC.
But when I remotely shutdown the PCs, they do shutdown but they do NOT power
off ! They stay powered on with the screen "Now it is safe to power off your
machine" (or something like this).

Is there any way to remotely shutdown a PC and ALSO power it off ?

OTHER POROBLEM :
If I try to remotely shutdown a PC that is already turned off, I get an
error message of my screen.
Is there any possibility to turn this feature off ? (to have NO error
message of my screen, whatever happens)

Thanks a lot for any help.

Bertrand
Tokyo, Japan

PS : vous pouvez me répondre en français si vous voulez.

GG [MVP]
PS : vous pouvez me répondre en français si vous voulez.

Vous pouvez utiliser aussi le français fr signifier que l'on parle
français sur ce groupe, merci de respecter les us et coutumes,
et de ne pas arroser la terre entière.
--
Cordialement.
GG. [MVP]

Bob I
You're welcome.

Bertrand chibiberu wrote:

Thanks a lot, Bob.
This is exactely what I wanted.

Bertrand

"Bob I" wrote in message

Problem 1 answer:http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/utilities.shtml
Use PSTools for the shutdown

Problem 2: See if the Machine is on First.