Setting IP Address on a PPP link

SOMOGYI Tibor
I would like to do the following:
- connect a device to a PC via a direct serial line
- establish a PPP connection to that device, initiated by
the PC ( using a "direct communications cable" modem ),
simply "calling" via this modem.
- I would like the PC to assign an IP Address to the
remote device during the IPCP phase of the PPP connection
establishment.

I can not configure this operation for outgoing calls. ( I
can do it for incoming calls, when the connection is
initated by the device ( the PC "modem" is configured as
listening modem ).

Could anybody help me, please ?

Thanks in advance

SOMOGYI Tibor