SUM STRING UNTIL

ancora
in A column i have many records as string like

(A)
one
two
three
four five
ten
ten nine
nine
etc

with vba i would find all the SUM string that have at least "x"
characters including spaces between the strings, for example if i
would like to find the sum string with "8" characters at least, I'll
get in column B those SUM strings like follow

(B)
one nine
two nine
ten nine

where all the found strings have 8 characters

Gilles MOUGNOZ
Hello, Ancora

The formula "=LEN(A1)" returns the number of characters in A1.
You can use something like this:
=IF(LEN(A1)>=8;A1;"")
Have a good day ;-)

PS: please note this is a french speaking newsgroup.
If you're italian (as I can guess from your email address),
the newsgroup microsoft.public.it.office.excel may suit you better
--
in A column i have many records as string like

(A)
one
two
three
four five
ten
ten nine
nine
etc

with vba i would find all the SUM string that have at least "x"
characters including spaces between the strings, for example if i
would like to find the sum string with "8" characters at least, I'll
get in column B those SUM strings like follow

(B)
one nine
two nine
ten nine

where all the found strings have 8 characters

ancora
On 14 Mar, 11:22, "Gilles MOUGNOZ"
wrote:
[...]

where all the found strings have 8 characters- Nascondi testo tra virgo lette -

- Mostra testo tra virgolette -

thanks a lot, but what about loop
i have to find through every records

thanks

Gilles MOUGNOZ
Hello again, Ancora

This is not VBA, this is a formula.
Copy it in the B1 cell and then copy the B1 cell in the other cells of
column B.
After that, you can apply a filter or change the order of column B as you
wish.
Sorry about my poor english :-( . Besides, I'm using the french version so I
won't be very helpfull to you.
For further information, you can go there:
http://groups.google.fr/group/microsoft.public.it.office.excel/topics?hl=it
I assume you're italian but you didn't confirm that ?...

Have a good day ;-)