Windows Subsystem for Linux: What's it good for?

charmender
Don't shoot, this question comes from a place of genuine ignorance.

WSL on both my desktops, thought it would be cool but I find it more of a neat toy than a hammer. Can't see a use-case.

If I want a Linux box I spin up a Debian VM and Putty in. Why would I want an Ubuntu window constantly open to run whatever task?

If I want a Linux CLI I open a saved Putty session and I'm there. Why even bother with WSL? I can drop to a CLI in seconds, on any given system.

If I want to interact with my Linux boxes from Windows I can use PowerShell. (I'm a deacon in the Church of the Swiss Army Knife Otherwise Known As PowerShell. Not gonna bash on other religions so let's not go there.)

Jokes aside, feel like I'm being blind here.

yamo'
Salut,
charmender wrote on 4/1/19 10:11 AM:
Don't shoot, this question comes from a place of genuine ignorance.

En français SVP.
Sinon, il existe pleins de groupes pour les posts en anglais :
comp.os.linux.misc
Stéphane