BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 27, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --Mobile World Congress--Remaining competitive in today's increasingly connected, mobile, digital and video-centric environment requires a network that is more agile and responsive than ever before. ...
BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 27, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mobile World Congress -- Remaining competitive in today's increasingly connected, mobile, digital and video-centric environment requires a network that is more agile and responsive than ever before. For service providers looking to support network speed and deliver high-quality services faster and more easily, deploying network and services automation solutions is crucial to managing secure, seamless operations and to preparing networks for 5G.
SFR, a subsidiary of the Altice Group, is deploying Cisco® Network Services Orchestrator (NSO) to tremendously enhance the automation, agility and reliability of its network, while accelerating network services change management from months to minutes with automated on-demand services provisioning.
With Cisco NSO, SFR is able to simplify the entire lifecycle management for its services, automating core functions across physical and virtualized networks for both existing and new customers. This enables faster innovation and increases customer satisfaction by speeding time-to-market for new managed services like SD-WAN, and Application-driven, on demand services.
A key technology enabler for software-defined and intent-based networking, Cisco NSO will enable SFR to reap several benefits including:
- Transform their networks and services towards programmability, by empowering SFR teams to manage their network services more efficiently
- Assured quality of service for critical applications, driven with agility, flexibility and simplicity of management at its core
- Faster delivery of revenue-generating services and shorter activation times from months to minutes
- Automated service lifecycle and reduction of manual configuration steps by up to 90 percent
- Model-driven automation, to abstract the services from the underlying devices, in a standardized way
- Transparent orchestration spanning multiple domains in the network to include NFV and SDN through use of an open, modern programmable platform
- Reduce failed service activations and network issues by removing risk of human error
SFR is planning to replicate these network automation best practices using Cisco NSO to change the way it runs across its Fixed and Mobile networks, to accelerate digitization, that could be extended to other Altice entities.
"Utilizing Cisco's leading network automation software allows us to bring a common API for our services across different networks in a simplified manner," said Christophe Delaye, CTIO, SFR. "As a result, enabling SFR to get back to what matters the most - supporting our customers' network automation requirements and enabling them to deploy new services quickly."
"With Cisco NSO, customers like SFR can reap the business benefits of SDN and intent-based networking such as speed, agility, reduced risk and continuous compliance," said Yves Padrines, vice president, Global Service Provider EMEAR, Cisco. "Our network automation solutions enable companies to simplify operations, increasing customer engagement and providing overall better experiences through network innovations."
Cisco is leading disruption in the industry with our technology innovations in systems, silicon, optics, and security and our unrivalled expertise in mass-scale networking, automation, optical, cable access, video, and mobility. Together with our portfolio of professional services, we can enable service providers and media and web companies to reduce cost and complexity, help secure their networks, and grow revenue.
- SFR Business
- About Altice Group
- Cisco Network Services Orchestrator
- Follow Cisco news and activities at Mobile World Congress 2018 via #CiscoMWC, @CiscoSP360, and by visiting our SP360 blog.
- Follow us on our LinkedIn page for targeted updates and announcements
- Subscribe to Cisco's SP360 feed
RSS Feed for Cisco: https://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO) is the worldwide technology leader that has been making the Internet work since 1984. Our people, products, and partners help society securely connect and seize tomorrow's digital opportunity today. Discover more at newsroom.cisco.com and follow us on Twitter at @Cisco.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
Sara Cicero, Service Provider PR, Cisco, email@example.com
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Cisco via Globenewswire
Source(s) : Cisco