Press Release TDC Group doubles copper broadband network speeds with addition of Vplus technology to existing VDSL2 vectoring network This supports TDC Groups aim to deliver the best connections to Danes, and offer new services at increased speeds ...
- TDC Group doubles copper broadband network speeds with addition of Vplus technology to existing VDSL2 vectoring network
- This supports TDC Groups aim to deliver the best connections to Danes, and offer new services at increased speeds to citizens and enterprises throughout Denmark
November 28, 2016
Espoo, Finland - Danish Telecommunications provider TDC Group and Nokia are upgrading the Danish broadband network to deliver ultra-broadband speeds, new service bundles and a renewed customer experience to citizens and enterprises across the country. This ultra-broadband fixed network is a step towards realizing the digital society TDC Group is aiming for, connecting people throughout the country, building smart cities and helping businesses grow. It will bring faster upload and download speeds, a better IPTV experience, and faster and more efficient cloud services for businesses.
In order to deliver these ultra-broadband speeds, TDC Group is rolling out VDSL2 35b Vplus technology, building further on its existing VDSL2 Vectoring network. This technology is a perfect match for operators who need to deliver the highest possible speeds in a cost-effective way on medium-length loops. Moving from VDSL2 17a (vectoring) to VDSL2 35b (Vplus) requires only a simple upgrade to the existing Nokia DSLAMs and can be done seamlessly and quickly.
Peter Trier Schleidt, COO, at TDC Group, commented: "We have a clear ambition to offer the best connections to the Danes. Regardless of where its subscribers live, TDC Group offers a mobile, broadband and TV solution. We want to do even better, particularly for rural areas, and therefore we are very pleased that Vplus technology lets us use our old copper connections in new ways to benefit our customers. We expect many customers to experience a clear improvement in their broadband speeds and entertainment offerings when we roll out Vplus technology."
Federico Guillén, president of Nokia's Fixed Networks Group, added: "The need for speed is driven by human impatience. Broadband subscribers want ever-higher speeds to enjoy video, gaming, cloud services and the like. The fastest way to get there is by a phased approach and gradual upgrades of the existing copper network infrastructure, which allows service providers like TDC to bring much higher speeds to more people in a much shorter timeframe."
Did you know?
- Vplus doubles VDSL2 spectrum from 17 to 35MHz for as much as double the speed on intermediate loop lengths, making it ideal for Fiber-to-the-cabinet deployments.
- Vplus fills the gap between VDSL2 vectoring and G.fast with aggregate speeds of 200 Mbps+ up to 500 meters and 300 Mbps+ up to 250 meters.
- Nokia brought Vplus to the ITU for adoption and it is now standardized as the VDSL2 35b profile.
- Nokia was first to market Vplus products. In the meantime, we deployed 9 commercial Vplus networks and conducted another 13 Vplus trials around the world.
- According to a report from the OECD dated December 2015, Denmark has the second biggest fixed broadband penetration in the world of 42.4%, about half of which is on copper including Fiber-to-the-cabinet, and the rest divided over coax and fiber.
As part of the contract, Nokia will be providing Nokia 7302 ISAM FD Equipment, with VDSL2 35b Vplus technology, and upgrading the existing Nokia 7330 ISAM FD shelves where needed with Vplus capable line cards.
Nokia is a global leader in creating the technologies at the heart of our connected world. Powered by the research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve communications service providers, governments, large enterprises and consumers, with the industry's most complete, end-to-end portfolio of products, services and licensing.
From the enabling infrastructure for 5G and the Internet of Things, to emerging applications in virtual reality and digital health, we are shaping the future of technology to transform the human experience. www.nokia.com
Kathleen De Smedt
Nokia Fixed Networks
Phone: +32 3 240 45 97
Phone: +358 10 448 4900
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: NOKIA via Globenewswire
Source(s) : NOKIA
Nokia appoints Gabriela Styf Sjöman as Chief Strategy Officer and member of the Nokia Group Leadership TeamNokia Corporation Stock Exchange Release August 22, 2019 at 09:30 (CEST +1) Nokia appoints Gabriela Styf Sjöman as Chief Strategy Officer and member of the Nokia Group Leadership Team Espoo, Finland - Nokia today announced the ...
Nassib Abou-Khalil named Chief Legal Officer, Jenni Lukander named President of Nokia Technologies and as members of Nokia Group Leadership TeamNokia Corporation Stock Exchange Release June 19, 2019 at 08:00 (CET +1) Nassib Abou-Khalil named Chief Legal Officer, Jenni Lukander named President of Nokia Technologies and as members of Nokia Group Leadership Team Espoo, Finland - ...