Choix entre Canalsat ou TPS pour l'americaines?

Trever Talbert
1st - Je suis desolé pour mon français...je sais que j'ecrit trés
horriblé... ;)

Nous sommes americaines habitons en France at nous voudrions TV satellite,
mais nous cherchons un bon choix pour les chaines anglais. Est-ce que un
difference entre TPS et Canalsat pour "programming" (series, cinéma) en
anglais? Je pense que tout les deux ont BBCWorld et quelques cinéma en
anglais, mais je sais pas si un est plus bonne...
Merci pour vos réponses!
Trever Talbert

(and if that made no sense whatsoever, ici est le versione originale...)
My wife and I are Americans living in France and we would like to get a
satellite to have some programming in English. I know that both TPS and
Canalsat show movies in English but I am wondering if either is superior in
choices (especially in VO series or other programming). Thanks in advance
for any help provided!
TT

1 2
Patrice
Trever Talbert wrote:
1st - Je suis desolé pour mon français...je sais que j'ecrit trés
horriblé... ;)

Nous sommes americaines habitons en France at nous voudrions TV satellite,
mais nous cherchons un bon choix pour les chaines anglais. Est-ce que un
difference entre TPS et Canalsat pour "programming" (series, cinéma) en
anglais? Je pense que tout les deux ont BBCWorld et quelques cinéma en
anglais, mais je sais pas si un est plus bonne...
Merci pour vos réponses!
Trever Talbert

(and if that made no sense whatsoever, ici est le versione originale...)
My wife and I are Americans living in France

Where ?

and we would like to get a
satellite to have some programming in English.

you can have all the BBC channels for free on Astra 2 at 28°2 East with
a 80 cm (or less - it's depend where you live) dish.
Astra 2, is a satellite for all the english island.
On Astra 1 or Hot bird you can have other channels for free in english
language, but it's often news channels (all the day, it's boring !)

I know that both TPS and
Canalsat show movies in English but I am wondering if either is superior in
choices (especially in VO series or other programming).

I've a subscription on Canasat (and I don't know about TPS). There are a
lot of movies and series broadcasted in original version (all Cinecinema
channels, Jimmy for series and also 13eme rue (13rd street) with french
subtitles.

You can buy a dish with 2 LNB (one for Astra 2, and one for Astra 1
(canalsat) or Hot Bird (TPS))
Thanks in advance
for any help provided!

you're welcome !

TT

Trever Talbert
Merci pour votre réponse!

"> My wife and I are Americans living in France
Where ?"

En Bretagne, or at least very close to the border - we are in the
Loire-Atlantique just north of La Baulle, if you know it.

I did notice that TPS has both BBCPrime and BBCWorld, while Canalsat only
has BBCWorld, but if we can receive the BBC channels free on Astra, that
might not be important..
Thanks again!
Trever Talbert
John Deuf
Trever Talbert :

Nous sommes americaines habitons en France at nous voudrions TV
satellite, mais nous cherchons un bon choix pour les chaines anglais.

Le mieux est de prendre un abonnement à un bouquet anglais, par exemple
Sky.

--
John Deuf
Trever Talbert
"Le mieux est de prendre un abonnement à un bouquet anglais, par exemple
Sky."

Oui, mais c'est ne pas possible, si je comprend vraiment, parce que nous
n'avons pas un addresse en Grand Bretagne... il faut qu'on est British avoir
Sky, oui?
Trever Talbert
Patrice
Trever Talbert wrote:

"Le mieux est de prendre un abonnement à un bouquet anglais, par exemple
Sky."

Oui, mais c'est ne pas possible, si je comprend vraiment, parce que nous
n'avons pas un addresse en Grand Bretagne... il faut qu'on est British avoir
Sky, oui?

That's right, you need to have an address in the UK

Trever Talbert

Patrice
Trever Talbert wrote:

Merci pour votre réponse!

"> My wife and I are Americans living in France
Where ?"

En Bretagne, or at least very close to the border - we are in the
Loire-Atlantique just north of La Baulle, if you know it.

Yes, I live near in the Morbihan. So, to receive Astra2 you just need a
60 cm dish.

I did notice that TPS has both BBCPrime and BBCWorld, while Canalsat only
has BBCWorld, but if we can receive the BBC channels free on Astra, that
might not be important..

BBC World is free on both satellites (Astra 1 and Hot-Bird) but it's a
world news channel and you don't need any subscription. BBC Prime is not
free.
Since july 2003, all the BBC channels are broadcasted for free :
BBC1,2,3,4, CBBC, CBEEBIES, all regional version (London, North Ireland,
Scotland, Wales,.....) and the 10 interactive BBCi channels.
On this satellite (Astra2) you have also a lot of free english radios
(incl. all BBC's) in your language.

Thanks again!
Trever Talbert

matthieu
Trever Talbert a écrit :
[...]

Choose Sky, for english channel, it's perfect, non ?

Matthieu
Trever Talbert
Merci beaucoup, neighbor!
TT
Orion
I would recommend you SKY DIGITAL rather than TPS and CanalSat (the
English programs will be in both cases limited to some movies and news
channels).
It's possible to have a subscription without an address in the UK. Some
merchants will arrange it for you.
Have a look here : http://www.skydigitalcards.com/ .
They will provide you with a subscription to SKY without any additional fee.
Your credit-card will be billed monthly directly by SKY according to the
package you have chosen. The SKY set top box costs +/- ?250.

You can also have a look here:
http://www.surpin.net/catalogue/index.html?c330.html
http://www.sky-cards.tv/
http://www.decryptages.fr/abon.php?prod&

Just in case you don't know it, I must also tell you that on Astra 2d at
28.2° east you can get all BBC channels free of charge (see here :
http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/dsat_add_frequencies_ns.shtml ). Those
channels (not encrypted!) are offering a very wide range of high quality
programs : news, talk-shows, documentary, sports, movies,... Maybe, it will
be sufficient for you.

Regards,

Orion.
1 2