free database for Mac OS X?

justaguy
Hi,

I have just one more question about Mac and database... other than
FileMaker (Pro) is there any other database that I could freely bundle
with my software package? It appears mySQL (now under Oracle) is no
longer open source...

Thanks.

1 2 3 4
yapu
justaguy wrote:

An app has already been designed and developed and in the market for
Windows users

I don't understand why you need a free databse for Mac ; Access isn't
free !

you should consider porting your app to Filemaker pro.

Its Windows + Mac friendly, and can be ported on iPhone and iPad
directly.

Development time are 3-5 times lighter on FMP than with Access, and xxx
time than with a SQlite portage.
--
Philippe Manet
en fait, c'est manet avant @
yapu
justaguy wrote:

funny tho how come such an
impressive corporation like Apple wouldn't think of providing an easy
access tool for a useful "platform" if we may call it so?

Apple makes tools to end users ; for them, Apple sells FMP, FMP Go for
interaction with iPhone and iPad, and Bento. These are fantastic tools.
The dev version of FMP allows you to produce standalone apps at no
charge.

If really nécessary, FMP can access to MySQL, Oracle and SQL commands.

Developpers who like painful things can use the builtin sqlite or
install a number of xSQL things, it's their job. I've never heard of an
"easy access" to those plateforms.
--
Philippe Manet
en fait, c'est manet avant @