Parlez-vous anglais? Cegetel Problems.

web
Hi all,

Sorry to have to speak English on this group but my French is very
bad. Hope you don't mind practicing some English?! :-)

I've just signed up to Cegetel ADSL in Paris and have received my
Wireless kit and connected up to the internet. The first day
everything ran perfectly - a very fast connection.

However, since then the connection has become terrible and is now no
longer useable.

The web runs very very slowly and I keep getting

'Cannot find server or DNS Error'

with the browser, and email fails to send with the error

'A TCP/IP error occurred, Error Number 0x8000CCC13'

I don't think this is a problem with my PC, as dial-up works ok and I
have the same web errors using the Firefox browser. TCP/IP is all set
to auto.

My girlfriend has phoned Cegetel support for me, but they just keep
getting us to clean the cache and cookies. Makes no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is there a reset or something that
Cegetel can do?
Could it be a problem with my Inventel Wireless Router? It all looks
ok.

Many thanks in advance,

Scott HATTON
A disappointed Cegetel user....

1 2
Jerome
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:07:03 -0800, Scott Hatton wrote:

[...]

Hi Scott

I guess you use the Windows system. Launch the MS-DOS commands (menu
Start->Accessories or something like that). Type the command : ipconfig.
You should get your IP address, tell us what it is.
Then try some tests like :
ping www.yahoo.com
ping www.cegetel.net

Tell us which figures you get.

Hope it will help.

--
Jerome
Linux user #347847 registered on http://counter.li.org

news
sounds like you have no connection at all
does the ping work ?

Does anyone have any ideas? Is there a reset or something that
Cegetel can do?

dunno
do your phone is plugged through an adsl filter ?

Could it be a problem with my Inventel Wireless Router? It all looks
ok.

you have to try without router to be sure

David
"Scott Hatton" a écrit dans le message de news:

Does anyone have any ideas? Is there a reset or something that
Cegetel can do?
Could it be a problem with my Inventel Wireless Router? It all looks
ok.

Probe cable with your router to indentify the issu if any...

Thierry B.
[...]

Hi,

with this google search:
http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Afr-FR%3Aofficial_s&q=A+TCP%2FIP+error+occurred%2C+Error+Number+0x800ccc13&btnG=Rechercher&meta
I found these results that may help you:

x800CCC13

A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to send data to the server.
Subject: XXXX Account: 'XXX.XXX.XXX', Server: 'XXX.XXX.XXX', Protocol:
XXX, Port: XXX, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number:
0x800CCC13

Shut down any firewall and anti virus software. Delete your effected
messages from your outbox and recreate.

AND THIS ONE :

SYMPTOMS
When you attempt to send an e-mail message in Microsoft Outlook 2002,
you may receive the following error message:
A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to send data to the server
Account: 'AccountName'
SMTP Server: 'ServerName'
Error Number: 0x800ccc13
You may be able to send mail in Microsoft Outlook Express without error.
CAUSE
This behavior may occur if the versions of Outlook Express and Microsoft
Internet Explorer are not the same. Outlook 2002 relies on several files
that Outlook Express installs and uses.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this behavior, either upgrade to the most recent version of
Outlook Express and Internet Explorer, or install the version of Outlook
Express that matches the version of Internet Explorer that is installed
on your computer.

Regards,

TB
--
Click below to answer / cliquez ci dessous pour me repondre
http://cerbermail.com/?MQkxTL4vUP

jcga
On 30 Nov 2004 10:07:03 -0800, (Scott Hatton)
wrote:

I've just signed up to Cegetel ADSL in Paris and have received my
Wireless kit and connected up to the internet. The first day
everything ran perfectly - a very fast connection.

However, since then the connection has become terrible and is now no
longer useable.

The web runs very very slowly and I keep getting

Hi Scott,

I know it will not help you but I recetly tried Cegetel on my second
phone line and had the same problem.

I got a fast throughput for the first three days then it starts to
crawl.

After having spent too much time with idiots of the hotline, I gave up
and sent a resiliation letter...

Best regards
Jean Claude

web
news wrote in message news:<41acc79b$0$6435$...
sounds like you have no connection at all
does the ping work ?

Does anyone have any ideas? Is there a reset or something that
Cegetel can do?

dunno
do your phone is plugged through an adsl filter ?

Could it be a problem with my Inventel Wireless Router? It all looks
ok.

you have to try without router to be sure

Thanks for the replies.

I definitely have a connection as sometimes I get the pages.

What I've noticed is that it seems to struggle when uploading. I can
just about receive mail off some of my POP3 accounts but can never
send (through smpt.cegetel.net )

Would that give any clues as to the problem?

I've now reinstalled Windows XP SP2 so the IE and Outlook Express
installs are fresh, but still no good.

For testing I've disabled XP Firewall, and the Firewall on the
Inventel.
I've run the latest version of Ad-Aware to check for Spyware, and have
disabled all non-essential services....

Spent another hour on the phone to Cegetel last night, but they keep
saying it must be my computer. Borrowing another computer tonight to
test that theory but I'm pretty convinced it is the connection.

Will update!

Many Thanks,
Scott

David

news wrote in message

What I've noticed is that it seems to struggle when uploading. I can
just about receive mail off some of my POP3 accounts but can never
send (through smpt.cegetel.net )

Check your MTU of your PPPoE connexion on the routeur and try to put a value
lower than 1492, til everything is Ok:-)

Thierry B.

[...]

From your first post I believed you had no connection at all. From what
you said, you are connected, but speed is sluggish. I have experienced
that the first 10 days after my Cegetel connection, very disappointed.
Fortunately, all works fine since.
About mai send problem, did it work at least one time. It seems like a
typo is your settings, like smpt.cegetel.net... !

You can check also the real connection speed. Enter configuration.adsl
in your browser, then fill the security screen (I changed mine, but I
remember default is admin/admin), then go to 'Informations système' and
you should see something like this :

Flux descendant Flux montant
Taux de transfert (kbps) 4864 320

Check that you are not connected to a lower speed than the one you are
subscribed. Here this is a 4Mb/256kb line.

TB

--
Click below to answer / cliquez ci dessous pour me repondre
http://cerbermail.com/?MQkxTL4vUP
"There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand
binary and those who don't."
"That's only 2 types of people, moron"

web

news wrote in message

What I've noticed is that it seems to struggle when uploading. I can
just about receive mail off some of my POP3 accounts but can never
send (through smpt.cegetel.net )

Check your MTU of your PPPoE connexion on the routeur and try to put a value
lower than 1492, til everything is Ok:-)

Thanks again for the replies.

Still getting the problem, but think I am narrowing it down. It
definately seems that the problems are occuring with uploads rather
than downloads.

For example I seem to be able to receive email ok, but not send. I
can sometimes get small emails out, but anything large (for example
with an attachment) will hardly ever go. I've had more success by
changing the smtp server name for Cegetel over into the IP address,
but it's not a vast improvement. Also, I can read mail ok on my Yahoo
account but can never compose.
Thinking it was a DNS problem I manually entered the Cegetel DNS
server on my TCP/IP settings but it didn't help.

The available upload/download shown for the ADSL connection seems
correct on the router (1216 down, 320 down). Unfortunatly the
Inventel won't let me alter the MTU settings.

Hopefully will try the other computer Friday so this will prove beyond
doubt if it is my PC. Might also take my laptop for a walk around
Paris tomorrow and see if I can pick up an open Wireless connection
and use that!

To be continued. Thanks for your suggestions and for putting up with
my lack of French.

Regards,
Scott

David
"Scott Hatton" a écrit dans le message de news:

For example I seem to be able to receive email ok, but not send. I
can sometimes get small emails out, but anything large (for example
with an attachment) will hardly ever go.

Typically a MTU issu:-)Likely from the router you may try to lower the MTU
of your machine too with TCP optimizer.

http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

The available upload/download shown for the ADSL connection seems
correct on the router (1216 down, 320 down). Unfortunatly the
Inventel won't let me alter the MTU settings.

Try to get information from Inventel support to lower your MTU... May be a
new firmware?

http://www.inventel.com

1 2