Anti-Rebond

Susan
Hallo ! I have been a subscriber to Wanadoo France's ADSL service for
over 2 years, and ever since day one, have been disconnected every
evening, at from about 17h00 until about 19h30. The dialogue box
informs me either that "other things are occupying the line" and to
turn them off (No, I have not added anything during the course of the
day) or that the service is temporarily unavailable and to try later.
This, in my case, means next day, usually after 09h00!
In spite of letters, phone calls and whatever to Wanadoo, I keep
getting the same runaround. Do I have extension leads? No, I don't. Do
I have filters on all lines? Yes. And I only have 2 phone sockets.
Etcetera. Same-o questions every time I contact them. France Telecom
does not help either; They say ADSL IS functioning properly, and that
fault is with Wanadoo. Wanadoo says that it is France Telecoms weak
signal to me.
Eventually I got an email from Wanadoo, suggesting I phone them and ask
for "Anti-Rebond" assistance. This is the French for whatever it is.
Now, as far as I can fathom it out, this means anti-bounce in English.
I did a google search and I found all sorts of useless things such as
"Anti-bounce - ultimate support bra's for joggers". I don't jog. I am
too busy trying to re-connect my darned ADSL. Can anybody PLEASE
offer any suggestions? This is a ridiculous situation. Thanks - Susan

1 2 3 4
JCB
Hello,

I think that you have a virus (a downloader to be exact)
You shoule install a antivirus and scan our computer.

"other things are occupying the line" is a tipical symptom.

JCB
Susan
Hallo ! No, I doubt it because I only get disconnected in the evenings.
I have an idea that the ADSL lines in my part of the country are pretty
bad and that when working people get home and start using the Internet,
LiveBox, MSN Messenger with webcames, TV per Internet and so on, they
take up lots of the bandwidth. I am sort of at the end of the line, so
I would be the person who would lose the broadband first. I am quite
paranoid about viruses? Virii?? and update twice per day; I also scan
on a daily base for spyware and run CCleaner every day as well to get
rid of any junk and cookies and so on. I also find it difficult or
impossible to get online on a holiday like Easter or Christmas and
often over the weekends it takes until 11h00 or later until I get the
green icon, indicating that the ADSL is available; Before that I get a
flashing yellow/red/yellow icon. I should get at least a 50% discount
on my monthly abonnement rate :-) Susan
entre Schering, Vertex et Boerhinger je suis sur qu'on vous fera vous lever en pleine forme
Susan wrote:
Hallo ! No, I doubt it because I only get disconnected in the evenings.

First thing you should ask the 1013 to test your line, this is a free
service,
try to call them when you are not able to synchronize.

Second you should verirfy in the FT female plug that there is no
condensator and no oxydation.

Third, try to connect with no filter to see if you can synchronise.

You should go to www.degrouptest.fr to know the characteristics
of your line. If you can, what is your SNR local and distant ?

doyoudoo
"Susan" a écrit dans le message de news:

France Telecom
does not help either; They say ADSL IS functioning properly, and that
fault is with Wanadoo. Wanadoo says that it is France Telecoms weak
signal to me.

Ben voilà, tu as la réponse.
L'anti-rebond, c'est une astuce pour empêcher Wanadoo et FT de se renvoyer
la balle.
A toi de la découvrir et ton problème sera résolu.

Dominique ROUSSEAU
Le jeu, 13 avr 2006 at 11:19 GMT, Susan a écrit :
Etcetera. Same-o questions every time I contact them. France Telecom
does not help either; They say ADSL IS functioning properly, and that
fault is with Wanadoo. Wanadoo says that it is France Telecoms weak
signal to me.

France Telecom and Wanadoo are the same company, they are bouncing you
from one to ther other because they don't want to take their
responsabilities.
If you can, go to a brick and mortar agency and ask them to just get it
done, if needed get the voice up, sometimes it's the only way to get
listened to...

Michel Doucet
Le Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:09:50 +0200, Dominique ROUSSEAU a écrit :

France Telecom and Wanadoo are the same company, they are bouncing you
from one to ther other because they don't want to take their
responsabilities.
If you can, go to a brick and mortar agency and ask them to just get it
done, if needed get the voice up, sometimes it's the only way to get
listened to...

Please stop with your bad arguments against the french telecom pinoneer,
don't forget if the former PTT has not existed you have to send your mails
on foot !

--
Utilisez l'OS, le butineur, le courriéleur et le lecteur de nouvelles
avec lesquels vous vous sentez le plus sécurisé :-)

doyoudoo
"Michel Doucet" a écrit dans le message de

don't forget if the former PTT has not existed you have to send your mails

Quel genre d'individu faut-il être pour glorifier un service public - qui ne
fait que remplir sa mission - financé à 100% par les contribuables ?

Michel Doucet
Le Thu, 13 Apr 2006 20:11:31 +0200, doyoudoo a écrit :

"Michel Doucet" a écrit dans le message de

don't forget if the former PTT has not existed you have to send your mails

Quel genre d'individu faut-il être pour glorifier un service public - qui ne
fait que remplir sa mission - financé à 100% par les contribuables ?

Déjà discuté il y a un certain temps, les impôts n'ont pas financé
les PTT !

--
Utilisez l'OS, le butineur, le courriéleur et le lecteur de nouvelles
avec lesquels vous vous sentez le plus sécurisé :-)

le concombre masqué©
"Michel Doucet" a écrit dans le message
de news:

don't forget if the former PTT has not existed you have to send your
mails

Quel genre d'individu faut-il être pour glorifier un service public -
qui ne fait que remplir sa mission - financé à 100% par les
contribuables ?

un employé FT ...

--
Concombre c'est mon prénom
Masqué c'est mon nom

Michel Doucet
Le Thu, 13 Apr 2006 20:40:29 +0200, le concombre masqué© a écrit :

Quel genre d'individu faut-il être pour glorifier un service public -
qui ne fait que remplir sa mission - financé à 100% par les
contribuables ?

un employé FT ...

Déjà répondu : NON